Issue - meetings
Maidstone Community Infrastructure Levy Charging Schedule: Adoption
- Appendix A: Maidstone Borough Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (September 2017), item 60 PDF 221 MB
- Appendix B: Regulation 123 List (September 2017), item 60 PDF 80 KB
- Appendix C: Instalments Policy (September 2017), item 60 PDF 198 KB
- Appendix D: Examiner's Final Report (July 2017), item 60 PDF 210 KB
The Principal Planning Officer (Strategic Planning) presented this item to the Committee.
The Committee noted that:
- Council agreed at the meeting held in December 2016 to submit the Draft Charging Schedule for independent examination;
- The Examiner’s Report was published on 31 July 2017 and recommended that the Council should approve the Charging Schedule, subject to modifications;
- The Charging Schedule’s introduction will take effect on 1 July 2018, to provide a reasonable lead-in period for developers and so that the necessary preparations can be undertaken to facilitate an orderly transition to the new system; and that
- Further reports regarding the proposed administrative and governance arrangements would be considered by this Committee later in the municipal year.
The Committee requested that a more detailed understanding of how the calculation works be provided in a future report to this Committee.
In response to a question, the Officer informed the Committee that the Council can review the Charging Schedule as it desired, as long as it complied with government processes.
The Committee requested that discussion with parish councils and unparished areas be included in the early stages of discussion in order to explain how the Charging Schedule would work.
1. That a report to set out key issues for consideration be brought back to this Committee in November, including the involvement of Parish Councils and whether establishing a member working group or sub-committee may be appropriate given the range of issues to be addressed.
2. To RECOMMEND to COUNCIL: That the Maidstone Borough Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (Appendix A) in accordance with Section 213 of the Planning Act 2008 with an effective implementation date of 1 July 2018 be approved; and
3. That the CIL Regulation 123 List (Appendix B) and CIL Instalments Policy (Appendix C) be approved.