Issue - meetings
16/506648 - Land South Of Heath Road, Coxheath, Kent, ME17 4PB
112 16/506648 - HYBRID APPLICATION FOR DETAILED PLANNING PERMISSION FOR A RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF 70 DWELLINGS COMPRISING OF 2, 3 AND 4 BEDROOM TWO STOREY TERRACED, SEMI-DETACHED AND DETACHED HOUSES AND 4 NO. 1 BEDROOM UNITS TOGETHER WITH OUTLINE PLANNING PERMISSION FOR A TWO STOREY MEDICAL CENTRE WITH ALL MATTERS RESERVED FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION - LAND SOUTH OF HEATH ROAD, COXHEATH, KENT PDF 377 KB
- Committee Report, item 112 PDF 128 KB
- 16 506648_Urgent Update, item 112 PDF 26 KB View as HTML (112/3) 17 KB
- 16-506648_Photos, item 112 PDF 883 KB
The Committee considered the report and the urgent update report of the Head of Planning and Development.
RESOLVED: That subject to the prior completion of a S106 legal agreement in such terms as the Interim Head of Legal Partnership may advise to secure the following:
· 33% affordable housing (of which 70% is affordable rent and 30% shared ownership);
· A financial contribution of £105,000 towards the costs of highway improvements at the junction of the A229 and B2163 (Linton Crossroads);
· A financial contribution of £110,250 towards improving, maintaining, repairing and renewing the open space and play facilities at the Stockett Lane Recreation Ground;
· The ‘Medical Land’ for which outline permission for a 2 storey medical centre is hereby approved be transferred to the CCG (or appropriate body) at nil cost for the delivery of medical facilities (timeframe for transfer delegated to the Officers and linked to notice being received from the CCG (or appropriate body) requesting such transfer);
· In the event that the notice is not received from the CCG (or appropriate body) within a set timeframe (delegated to the Officers), the ‘Medical Land’ will be used for on-site public open space;
· The agreement will set out certain circumstances in which, following transfer of the ‘Medical Land’ to the CCG (or appropriate body), the land can be returned for use as on-site public open space (for example, if delivery of the medical facilities is not commenced or completed within a set timeframe (delegated to the Officers)). Depending on the circumstances existing at the time, it may be appropriate for the ‘Medical Land’ to be returned to a Council nominee. If the ‘Medical Land’ is returned in such circumstances, the Council will divertthe off-site open space contribution referred to above to the delivery of the on-site publicopen space; and
· Any on-site public open space delivered in circumstances considered above is to include a Locally Equipped Area of Play (LEAP). Details of the laying out and equipping of the on-site public open space shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority,
the Head of Planning and Development be given delegated powers to grant permission subject to the conditions set out in the report with the amendment of Condition 10 (External Materials) as follows:
No development above slab level shall take place until written details and samples of the materials to be used in the construction of the external surfaces of the building(s) hereby permitted have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority and the development shall be constructed using the approved materials. For the detailed element, materials shall include the use of ragstone on buildings and in walling as shown on the approved plans, stock bricks, and clay tiles and timber weatherboarding to the road facing elevations for houses fronting Heath Road.
Reason: To ensure a satisfactory appearance to the development.
Voting: 9 – For 3 – Against 0 – Abstentions