The most senior officer in the council is the Chief Executive who is supported by a small team and three directors, which are illustrated on the right.
The Corporate Leadership Team (CLT) consists of the Chief Executive, three Directors, Head of Legal Services /Monitoring Officer and the Mid Kent Services Director, who meet regularly to ensure that the organisational strategy is being implemented effectively.
The Wider Leadership Team (WLT) consists of the Heads of Service and CLT who focus on operational management issues and specific topics that impact more than one area of the council’s business.
We employ around 500 staff and a copy of the structure chart is shown overleaf. Your line manager will be able to explain how your job role fits in the structure of the council.
Everyone who works for the council has an important part to play in delivering excellent customer service, our vision and priorities.
Our residents live in decent homes, enjoy good health and a pleasant environment, with a successful economy that is supported by reliable transport networks.
Putting People First
- Providing a clean and safe environment
- Encouraging good health and wellbeing
- Respecting the character and heritage of our Borough
Keeping Maidstone Borough an attractive place for all
- Ensuring there are good leisure and cultural attractions
- Enhancing the appeal of the town centre for everyone
Securing a successful economy for Maidstone Borough
- Securing improvements to the transport infrastructure
- Promoting a range of employment opportunities and skills required across our Borough
- Planning for sufficient homes to meet our Borough’s needs
- Service - Everything we do impacts on our customers, both internal and external. We will listen to and understand their needs, then take action to provide the right service in a positive and professional manner.
- Teamwork - Working together to achieve our objectives and goals in a way that utilises the talents and creativity of everyone in our organisation.
- Responsibility - We work in an environment that encourages us to take ownership for our actions. Making the right choices and decisions that lead to a satisfactory outcome for all
- Integrity - We have the courage to act on our convictions to build trust and honesty. We work with our partners and customers to create a feeling of openness and transparency in everything we do
- Value - Taking care and weighing up our options, aiming to get the maximum effect for every penny of public money we spend.
- Equality - Valuing our differences and understanding how they can contribute to a better working environment and services that are fair and easy to access.
Our Strategic Plan
We want Maidstone Borough to work for the people who live, visit and work; now and in the future. We want a Borough where there is a variety of jobs, housing need is met and infrastructure is in place to meet the growing needs of our residents and economy. We also want to ensure we lead and shape our place as it grows, including leading master planning and investing to bring about high quality housing and jobs in the Borough.
Find out more about our strategic plan.
Our office locations
The council offices are situated in varies locations across the borough. The contact information can be found in the map below. Individual officers can be contacted via their own extension numbers which are available on the council’s email system.