Park Hire

You can hire one of our parks and open spaces for an organised event or activity.

We have nine locations that you can hire:

You can also hire a space on Week Street and other streets in the town centre. If you need to set up a temporary stall, gazebo or seating on a highway area, you will need to apply for a Kent Highways permit.

The enquiry process

You must complete the correct process before your event can take place. Enquiries are either submitted by email or by completing a form. This will depend on the type of event you choose.

The Safety Advisory Group (SAG)

You will need to submit an event notification to the SAG if your event:

  • involves more than 1000 people
  • requires a licence for the sale of alcohol
  • requires a licence for live music or performances
  • is unusual or involves a risk

You should do this as soon as possible. Please aim to give at least 12 weeks notice to allow time for any meetings to take place. 
The SAG website also provides an event toolkit that offers advice, guidance and documents that will help you plan your event.

Submit an event notification


If your event is for 500 or more people and you are selling alcohol or providing regulated entertainment, you will need to apply for a premises licence. If fewer than 499 people are attending, you can apply for a Temporary Events Notice (TEN) instead.

Regulated entertainment includes:

  • live or recorded music
  • dance, theatre or films
  • indoor sporting events, boxing or wrestling entertainment

Stallholders and traders selling food, drink or goods to any member of the passing public will need to apply for a street trading licence. Stalls taking part in enclosed or ticketed events will not need a licence.

Charities will need to apply for a street collections licence for fundraising events.

Types of event

You will need to know what type of event you are planning before you enquire.

Commercial leisure activities

Includes fitness classes, Segway events and other leisure activities.

Corporate and community

Includes company away days and events for the community. You may need to pay a hire fee and notify the SAG for this type of event. A street trading licence may also be required.

Group activities for up to 30 people

Includes organised gatherings, family picnics and birthday celebrations for up to 30 people. You will not be permitted to play music or sell food and drink.

Group activities for between 31 and 60 people

Includes organised gatherings, family picnics and birthday celebrations for up to 60 people. You will not be permitted to play music, run commercial activities or sell food and drink.

Music and festivals

Includes any large-scale live music, food, and entertainment events. You may need to pay a hire fee and notify the SAG for this type of event. A street trading licence and a TEN or a premises licence will also be required.

School activities

Includes cross-country runs, games and sport activities for school children.

Sporting and charities

Includes ticketed walks, runs and other sporting events. You may need to pay a hire fee and notify the SAG for this event. Street trading and charity street collection licences may also be required.

Additional information

All event organisers must comply with the guidance in this section.


You can advertise your event by:

  • renting poster sites
  • listing your event on the Visit Maidstone website
  • putting temporary banners on our park entrances - these must be removed within 24 hours of the event ending

Fly posting is an offence under the Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) Regulations 1984. Fly posting will lead to the cancellation of your event without a refund and you may be banned from future use of our facilities. You may also be subject to prosecution.

For more information about advertising, please email

Bouncy castles

Bouncy castles are only allowed in enclosed events including festivals and music events.


Pop-up gazebos and other small temporary structures are allowed in our outdoor spaces. They must be securely anchored to the ground and set up following the manufacturer instructions. An enquiry form must be submitted if it is bigger than 4 meters squared.

Prohibited items

The following items are not permitted in any of our outdoor spaces:

  • bonfires
  • barbeques
  • drones


You may need to provide additional toilets for your event.

For males you need to have at least:

  • one toilet for up to 100 people
  • two toilets for 101 to 500 people
  • three toilets for 501 to 1000 people
  • plus one additional toilet for every 500 people
  • 4.5 meters of urinals for every 1000 people

For females you must have at least:

  • one toilet for every 100 people
  • one hand wash basin with hot and cold water per sanitary fitting

Toilets must be delivered and removed on the day of your event. Security must be on site if they are left overnight. You will be charged for the removal and storage fees if they are not collected.

Submit an enquiry

Before you enquire, you can email to check that your event dates are available.

To enquire about hiring:

You will need to email if you are enquiring about a:

  • corporate or community event
  • commercial leisure activity
  • group activity for less than 30 people
  • school activity

To enquire about any other event, you will need to complete the form. If you are proposing a large-scale event you will need to submit your form at least six months before the event. Completing the form does not secure your event.

You will need to tell us:

  • the name and location of the event with a description
  • the date and time of your event
  • how many people the event is for
  • if the event includes music, singing or dancing
  • if tickets are required for entry
  • what refreshments will be provided
  • if first aid provisions are in place
  • if electricity, water or additional toilets are needed

Submit your enquiry

What happens next

We will use the information you provide to make an assessment.

If your enquiry is accepted, a provisional booking email will be sent with an estimate of fees. You will need to pay a deposit to secure your event.

When the event is agreed, you will be asked to complete a risk assessment. This can be completed with the events team or a park officer on site. This must be submitted at least six weeks before the event.

You will be asked to provide a copy of your public liability insurance. It must have a minimum cover of £5 million. Large scale or high-risk events must cover £10 million. These events require a full event management plan at least three months before the event.

We will also need:

  • copies of relevant licences
  • safety certifications
  • other related qualifications