Support and advice
Our admin offices are based at Vinters Park Crematorium. Reception is open between 9am to 12pm on Tuesday and Thursday mornings only. We have had to reduce opening hours to allow staff to process cremation/burial paperwork and memorial applications. Due to the high number of deaths at present our offices are incredibly busy. Outside of these hours please make an appointment by emailing us detailing your enquiry so we can ensure the right person contacts you.
- For cremations visit our Crematorium page
- For burials visit our Cemetery page
- For a list of funeral directors, visit the National Association of Funeral Directors website.
If you require advice around help paying for a funeral, you can read our leaflet.
Help with grief
When someone close to you dies, you may want advice to help you deal with your loss.
Start with your doctor or funeral director.
You may also want to chat with:
- A solicitor
- A counsellor
- Social Services
- The carer or nurse that may have been looking after your loved one
Supporting organisations that can help
- Age UK
- Bereavement UK
- Child Bereavement UK
- Cruse Bereavement Care
- GOV.UK - What to do after someone dies
- National Association of Funeral Directors
- National Society of Allied and Independent Funeral Directors
- Social Services
Help with paying for funerals
When someone dies it can be a very distressing time for those arranging a funeral, especially if there are concerns about how the funeral is to be paid for.
If you are concerned about how you are going to pay for a funeral, it is important that you discuss this with your chosen funeral director at an early stage in the arrangements. Please be aware that once you have entered into a contract with the funeral director you will be responsible for paying their costs.