Contact your Parish Council
Issue - meetings
UK Shared Prosperity Fund, Local Investment Plan
- Appendix 1: Evidence of Local Context and Challenges, item 32 PDF 217 KB View as HTML (32/2) 2 KB
- Appendix 2: Workshop Summary, item 32 PDF 198 KB View as HTML (32/3) 16 KB
- Appendix 3: Long List of Interventions, item 32 PDF 194 KB View as HTML (32/4) 71 KB
- Appendix 4: Final Short List of Interventions, item 32 PDF 125 KB View as HTML (32/5) 35 KB
- Appendix 5: Financial Breakdown, item 32 PDF 86 KB View as HTML (32/6) 10 KB
The Leader of the Council introduced the report and stated that the Council had been awarded £1.2 million through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. The Local Investment Plan (LIP) associated with the funding had to be submitted by the 1 August 2022 and the short-listed proposals were contained within appendix four to the report. The spending allocation across the next three years was outlined.
The Leader of the Council stated that the proposals were intended to positively enhance the Town Centre, attracting local residents and visitors alongside the ambition to have a consistent events calendar. Increased lighting would improve the safety and security of the area, alongside greening that could be achieved in part through volunteer support. The links between the town centre and Lockmeadow complex would be improved.
The local Members of Parliament supported the proposals contained within the LIP.
In response to questions, the Leader of the Council highlighted the available transport options into the town centre alongside the easily accessible and high volume of Council owned car parks for visitors. It was stated that the available transport to and accessibility of the area would be included within the Council’s Town Centre Strategy. The positive steps taken to address safety in the town centre were outlined.
The Committee expressed support for the proposed actions contained within the LIP.
RESOLVED: That the Leader of the Council be recommended to:
1. Approve the planned projects and actions as contained within Appendix four to the report, as the Local Investment Plan; and
2. Give delegated responsibility to the Head of Policy, Communications and Governance to submit the plan to government by 1 August 2022.