Issue - meetings
16/502993 - Land To West Of 70 Church Street, Boughton Monchelsea, ME17 4HN
336 16/502993 - DEMOLITION OF EXISTING BUILDINGS AND CONSTRUCTION OF 18 NEW C2 EXTRA CARE RETIREMENT HOMES, CLUB HOUSE, CAR PORTS, BIN STORES, LANDSCAPE SCHEME AND ACCESS ROAD. DEMOLITION OF GARAGE TO REAR OF 70 CHURCH STREET AND ERECTION OF NEW OAK FRAMED CAR PORT TO REAR GARDEN - LAND TO WEST OF 70 CHURCH STREET, BOUGHTON MONCHELSEA, KENT PDF 282 KB
- Committee Report, item 336 PDF 159 KB View as HTML (336/2) 151 KB
- Item 13 West of Church Street_urgent update, item 336 PDF 22 KB View as HTML (336/3) 8 KB
All Members stated that they had been lobbied.
The Committee considered the report and the urgent update report of the Head of Planning and Development.
Mr Edmunds, an objector, Councillor Martin of Boughton Monchelsea Parish Council, and Mr Osborne (for the applicant)/Mr Unwins (in support) addressed the meeting.
RESOLVED: That subject to the prior completion of a S106 legal agreement in such terms as the Interim Head of Legal Partnership may advise to secure the following:
· The provision of 20% affordable housing on site (with option for off-site contributions if a registered provider cannot be secured) in line with DM13;
· The restriction of the units to persons of 55 years of age and over and that occupants are subject to care need assessment and are required to commit to a minimum care package to be agreed with the Local Planning Authority; and
· A healthcare contribution of £15,163.20 (the Head of Planning and Development acting under delegated powers to investigate with the CCG whether the healthcare contribution can be used to deliver medical facilities in Boughton Monchelsea, and, subject to the outcome of those discussions, to finalise where it is to be spent),
the Head of Planning and Development be given delegated powers to grant permission subject to the conditions set out in the report and the additional condition set out in the urgent update report with:
· An additional condition regarding the cutting back of the hedge on the boundary with Church Street to maintain visibility splays, these splays to subsequently be maintained at all times (the precise wording of the additional condition to be finalised by the Head of Planning and Development acting under delegated powers); and
· An informative to the effect that the Ward Member should be involved in approval of details relating to landscaping (the precise wording of the informative to be finalised by the Head of Planning and Development acting under delegated powers).
Voting: 7 – For 6 – Against 0 – Abstentions
Councillor Munford requested that his dissent be recorded.