Solar Together Kent
We're working in partnership with Kent County Council on an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage
Find out more on our Campaigns page.
Are you a landlord or agent with a property to rent?
If so, Maidstone Borough Council can help you find a suitable tenant for your property whilst at the same time offering you attractive incentives through our Homefinder scheme.
We have partnered with Help2Rent to provide an easy method for you to let your properties through the Council.
What are the benefits of letting my property through us?
The Council has a long list of potential tenants, both working and non-working, we are helping to find suitable accommodation for. We can help:
- find suitable tenants quickly
- save you money on advertising and/or traditional tenant finder services
- reduce the financial impact of void periods.
- reduce your administration for processing rent deposits.
We will also support your tenants to make sure they settle into the property and are claiming any relevant benefits. Should any problems occur during the tenancy we can offer you advice and will seek to resolve any problems that may give you cause to issue your tenant with notice to quit.
What incentive can you offer me?
In additional to the benefits mentioned above, of fast lettings and landlord support, we can also offer the following incentives:
- Free professional inventory
- A fully funded and bespoke landlord insurance policy, only available through Local Housing Authorities, which provides cover for:
|Rent Guarantee for six months||£1,500 per month|
|Tenant mediation and eviction||£1,580|
|Malicious damage by tenant cover||£5,000|
|Tenants liability cover||£10,000|
Please contact us to discuss full details of the package of we can offer.
Can any landlord take advantage of the offer?
We have tried to make it as easy as possible for landlords to take advantage of our Homefinder Help2Rent scheme. However, there are some eligibility requirements:
- The landlord must be a fit and proper person to act in the capacity of a landlord.
- The property must meet required health and safety standards. An inspection would need to be undertaken by us before any agreement is signed.
- We would require a copy of the current gas safety certificate, energy performance certificate, tenancy agreement, electrical certificate, and fire safety certificate if applicable.
- The landlord must show evidence of ownership of the rented property.
- If the property is a House of Multiple Occupation (HMO) and subject to licencing, the property must be licenced.
How can I let my property through Maidstone BC?
If you have not already done so, we will need you to firstly register with us on our partner Help2Rent website.
Once you have registered as a new landlord or agent, please check your email to verify your registration. If you have not received the verification email, please check your junk/spam folder for the email.
After registering as a new landlord or agent, we will contact you to discuss our Homefinder scheme and help you with the letting of your properties through our Help2Rent partner.
If you are already registered on Help2Rent you can Log in to add details of your properties available to let...
If you have any questions about letting your property through Maidstone Borough Council or Help2Rent, registering on Help2Rent, or our Homefinder Scheme, please email Homefinder.