Issue - meetings
Application for a club premises certificate under the Licensing Act 2003 for Marden Cricket and Hockey Club, Maidstone Road, Marden, Kent, TN12 9AG
- A Appendix - Application forms, item 60 PDF 5 MB
- B Appendix -Plan of the premises, item 60 PDF 1 MB
- C Appendix - Representations, item 60 PDF 1 MB
- D Appendix - Marden Cricket And Hockey Club 1, item 60 PDF 408 KB
- E Appendix -Applicants proposed amended hours 26.04.18, item 60 PDF 79 KB View as HTML (60/6) 10 KB
- E1 Appendix Applicants proposed amended hours 26.04.18, item 60 PDF 326 KB
- F Appendix - Mr Boatwright Smith, item 60 PDF 78 KB View as HTML (60/8) 7 KB
- G Appendix Applicants proposed amended hours 14.05.18, item 60 PDF 57 KB View as HTML (60/9) 5 KB
- G1 Appendix - Amended application hours for Club Premises licence 14.05.18, item 60 PDF 324 KB
- H Appendix HUMAN RIGHTS, item 60 PDF 29 KB View as HTML (60/11) 10 KB
- I Appendix Order of Procedure of New and Variation Hearings, item 60 PDF 124 KB View as HTML (60/12) 36 KB
The Chairman requested that all those participating in the hearing identified themselves as follows:-
Councillor Mrs Wendy Hinder – Chairman
Councillor Mrs Denise Joy – Committee Member
Councillor Mrs Val Springett – Committee Member
Mrs Jayne Bolas – Legal Advisor
Mrs Caroline Matthews – Democratic Services Officer
Mrs Charlotte Hope – Chairman of Marden and Hockey Club
Mr Ian Farlane – General Manager, Marden and Hockey Club
The Chairman asked for all parties to confirm that they were aware of the hearing procedure and that each had a copy of the procedure document.
Committee Members confirmed that they had pre-read all the papers
and any other documents contained in the report regarding the
The Legal Advisor briefly outlined the application for a Club Premises Certificate and advised that the objectors as stated on Pages 33 and 34 were the only remaining objectors not to have withdrawn. However, they were not present despite the Licensing Manager having twice sent out emails to them requesting that they confirmed their attendance at the Sub-Committee meeting.
Members were advised by the Legal Advisor that in the absence of the objectors they could decide to proceed with the Sub-Committee meeting, taking into account the objectors’ reasons for objection on the papers or if they felt it necessary in the public interest, adjourn it until a new date at which the objectors could be invited to attend again.
Members were satisfied that they had enough information to proceed and it was not necessary in the public interest to adjourn.
Mrs Bolas gave the Sub-Committee a brief outline of the application for a new premises certificate in Maidstone Road, Marden.
highlighted the activities applied for, which were on Pages 6 and 7
of the papers, which stated that the supply of alcohol on a Friday
night would be until 1 a.m. and on a Saturday night would be until
The Sub-Committee noted that no representations had been received from responsible authorities.
It was also noted that 3 out of the 5 objectors had withdrawn their representations. However, Members were required to consider the representations from the other objectors.
Mrs Charlotte Hope, the Chairman of Marden and Hockey Club presented her opening remarks.
advised that the Clubhouse had been situated on the Marden Road since 1963, following the merge of the
Cricket and Hockey Clubs. In 2017 the
Marden Tennis Club joined the Cricket
and Hockey Club in preparation for the move to new facilities in
Maidstone Road, Marden.
The Club was run as a non-profit making organisation, whereby all the costs were met from subscriptions and match fees. It did not benefit from any public or lottery funding and was run mainly by volunteers. However, in order to accrue some additional income it was intended that the Clubhouse could be hired out for parties or events, where paid staff would manage the bar area and provide security.
It was noted that the Clubhouse had CCTV and alarms and all ... view the full minutes text for item 60