As the country is moving out of the current National Lockdown, in line with recent changes in the Government’s guidance relating to the Covid-19 critical care worker parking pass scheme, which was introduced in April 2020 to help and support NHS staff and critical key workers, a decision has been made to withdraw this concession from 21 June 2021.
Therefore, as of 8.00am on 21 June 2021, the MHCLG parking pass NHS/critical key worker parking exemption will no longer be valid in any car park or on street location and the applicable parking tariff will need to be paid, or season ticket obtained.
Report Street Problems
If you have a problem with a street in your area, tell us using one of the forms below.
Note on 'dog bone' markings: Kent County Council don't place double yellow lines or other restrictions on the highway for access to private driveways. If there's something stopping you from exiting your driveway you should report it to the Police by calling 101.
- Cleaning the town centre by 9am every morning and to retain a response cleansing team in retail trading hours.
- Emptying the town centre litter bins as necessary on an ongoing basis.
- Inspecting every footway of the town bus routes every week and mobilise a litter pick when necessary.
- Making sure that the town bus routes do not fall below an acceptable level of cleanliness.
- Inspecting all residential streets in urban areas and villages on a five-week cycle and carry out all necessary cleansing work.
- Inspecting and cleaning all shopping parades which we are responsible for, when required.
- Responding to reported fly-tipping and litter incidents within one working day.
- Opening and closing the council's toilets at the times advertised.
- Cleaning the council's toilets every day.
If you think there is an abandoned vehicle in your area, please report it to us.
We can clean up dead animals on the streets. If you have seen one in your area, please report it to us.
If you have seen a dog mess in your area, please report it to us.
If you have seen an illegal graffiti in your area, please report it to us.